Thursday, December 30, 2010

Big Body Benz's

My new west coast ride:


1980 Baby Blue Mercedes Benz, runs on waste veggie oil. Mad hippie points :)
Help me with a name... I would describe her as squishy and slow.

So Chris and I drove all the way to LA to pick up her Surly Long Haul Trucker, so jealous..... but I roll hard with the Jamis. 

I am stuck on the phone, ebay, and amazon most of the day. I need to get my gear together for this bike trip, its just moving so slowly. 
Anyone know of a rear rack that is reasonably priced? I have been looking at the Surly Nice Rack and the tubus, but might have to settle for a planet bike,etc.

Anyhow, I found this company on Amazon called Green Guru. They make a bunch of different products out of upcycled/recycled bike tubes:
 http://store.greengurugear.com/high-rolla-bike-tube-pannier-p-881.html

I was going to give them a call, see if they could help Chris or I with some bike panniers. Cross your fingers for me. 
Anyhow, this photo surfaced on facebook:

NO HAM SANDWICH
Start the revolution :)

No comments:

Post a Comment