Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Burning Man Decompression

 
I need coffee

As my aussie friends would say: I am rooted. I am so tired after the 5 days at Black Rock City, that I have taken two days in Truckee. Greenmile and I are trying to find a ride back to Oregon to finish up the trail. We may be driving his vehicle up to the Bend or Portland area, and I may pick up the trail at Cascade Locks. I will be skipping 150 miles of trail, but I will make it up. My reasoning is that it is getting late in the season, and the weather is starting to turn. Two of my hiking buddies, Sneezes and Hot Mess are heading north from Cascade Locks on Wednesday, and I really enjoy hiking with them. The plan is to visit Portland after the hike, so the section I am skipping can be made up quite easily.

Sadly, I haven't heard from Surly bikes.  I sent them my proposal several weeks ago, which I thought was quite strong, but alas no response. I will be calling them tomorrow, and hopefully I will get some more insight. If they say nay, I will just keep sending them more unfortunate missives....
I hope to post up some burning man stories, but I am tired, and I am on a Mac. Macs are cool if you know how to use them, and I do not.

Your truly,
L.C.

1 comment:

  1. Umm... how many zero days so far?! Nice work, man. It looks like you're having a blast. Chance just finished up the PCT on the 7th and stayed with us for a night in Seattle. Let us know when you're finished up and we can maybe catch up.

    DLL

    ReplyDelete